The Kensho services are provided by Kensho Technologies, LLC (“Kensho,” “we,” “us” or “our”). Kensho is a subsidiary of S&P Global Inc. (“S&P Global”) and creates breakthrough financial intelligence products for our colleagues at S&P Global as well as some of the world’s leading financial institutions. Our data scientists and machine learning engineers enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data available as part of S&P Global. Learn more about our team at https://kensho.com/team.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information That You Provide Voluntarily
We ask you to provide certain information voluntarily, such as your contact details, user credentials, and employment information.
Learn More Below
For instance, this can be by way of filling in an on-line form when you register to use our products and services, when you register to attend an event, when you provide us with your business card information or when you request to receive information from us. The types of information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, include:
|Types of Personal Information||Why we collect it|
|Billing information||To maintain your account with us.|
|Contact details including name, telephone numbers, email address and postal address.||To respond to correspondence and enquiries you send us. In some cases, to gather information needed to provide products and services requested by you or your employer. To obtain your feedback regarding our products and services.|
|User credentials including name, email address and personal information you provide to us in a profile.||To set up and maintain your user account.|
To monitor and enforce compliance with our contractual terms.
|Employer and employment information such as job title, function, seniority, department, and the address/country/city of your office.||To manage your individual user account which is covered by a corporate account of one of Kensho’s corporate customers - for example, the corporate account of your employer.|
|Your preferences and interests, for instance which products or services you would like to be subscribed to or what markets you are interested in.||To enable us to send you tailored information on our products and services across our divisions that may be of interest to you.|
Examples of marketing communications we may send are:
Information That We Collect Automatically
We may also collect certain information automatically from your device, including information regarding your use patterns of our products and services. In some jurisdictions, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Learn More Below
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), “click stream” data and other technical information. We also collect information about how your device has interacted with our websites and products, including the pages and products accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website and the users of our products and services, where they come from, and what content on our website and products and services is of interest to them.
Browsing, User-Provided Content, and Chat
Browsing You may browse certain areas of a Service without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information about yourself. However, we collect and store information, including personal information, that is voluntarily supplied to us by you when registering for some Services. When you register as a member, we collect information such as your name, email address, company affiliation, username and password. Depending on the Service, more information may be needed, which will be requested at the time of registration. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but by doing so, you may not be able to take advantage of many Service features and functionality.
User-Provided Content: If you choose to provide us with or share content created by you (or created by a third party, and for which you have permission to post) (“User-Provided Content”) , we may collect the information you post. We may use User-Provided Content that you post as described in the Terms and Conditions. We may also retain User-Provided Content as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on a Service, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Sharing and Chat. Some Service features may allow you to share information available on the Service with others who may or may not be Service members. These features may require you to provide email addresses of your intended recipients. We will use these email addresses to email the requested information to the recipients you have chosen, and we may identify you in such emails as a Service user who requested that the information be shared with the recipient. Some of our Services include a chat or communication protocol, to allow you to communicate with us or other users in real time. We may use the information you provide, including personal information, to provide you with a response to any inquiries, questions, or similar, as well as provide you with links and information to Services you request or inquire about.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect:
- for our analytics purposes;
- to improve the quality and relevance to users, of our websites and products and services;
- to develop and update our websites and products and services;
- for customer services purposes, for instance, reviewing our customers’ training needs in respect of the use of our products;
- to satisfy Kensho’s corporate customers’ requests regarding the use of our products and services by the individual users licensed by their corporate account (please note that such information in many instances and jurisdictions will be offered to clients in an aggregated form); note that customers may be required by law to request such information from Kensho;
- to send you tailored information on our products and services that we believe may be of interest or value to you and also marketing and promotional e-mails with your consent if and when required by applicable law;
- on rare occasions to identify unauthorized use or unauthorized distribution of our products and services related or unrelated to a security issue;
- where relevant, to review and/or update our pricing model agreed with our corporate customers;
- and for billing purposes, so that we or others (such as content providers) are able to bill for the services provided.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control).
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or a Service; or in connection with an actual or proposed corporate transaction or insolvency proceeding involving all or part of our business that uses the personal information.
Your Data Protection Rights
Your data protection rights. Your rights may include the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You may also have the right to withdraw the consent you have provided to us. To exercise any of your data protection rights, please call us at 1-855-529-1761 or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use this this personal data request form to contact us or exercise any of your rights.
Learn More Below
You have the following data protection rights:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have information about you. In certain limited circumstances, you may also request to receive access to your data in a portable, machine-readable format.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. You may ask us to correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information by contacting us as described above.
- Opt-out of Marketing Communications. You may opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails or communications we send you (where provided), or by sending reply email asking to opt-out.
- Withdraw Consent. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We may, and in some cases are required to, verify your identity before we can act on your request to exercise your privacy rights. In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide photographic identity information to us.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must provide all requested information establishing your authorization as an agent to act on another person’s behalf.
Please note that not all of the rights described above are absolute and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
Links to other websites
Information Security and Information Retention
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can email us at email@example.com. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Persons under 18 years of age
Our Services are not directed to people under 18 years of age. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under 18. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the applicable account.
Customer Service. We may communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We may communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. You may contact customer service at email@example.com.
Last updated July 1, 2023.
Copyright © 2023 Kensho Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Additional Information for California Residents
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Recipients Personal Information is Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|Financial Information – this may include bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.|
|Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.|
|Professional or employment-related information|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above|
|Additional categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – this may include signature, physical characteristics, or description, insurance policy number.|
- California Sensitive Information Disclosure. We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information (as defined under California law): A consumer’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; and the contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication. This information is collected in order to set up your user accounts, monitor and enforce compliance with our contractual terms, comply with laws, manage our business, or provide you with services. Note that we do not use such information for any purposes that are not identified within the California Privacy Rights Act Section 1798.121. We do not “sell” or “share” sensitive personal information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
- “Shine the Light” Law. Residents of the State of California have the right to request information regarding third parties to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.